THE COMMISSIONING phase begins post-construction and concentrates on qualifying all systems and their functionality.
For a Pharmaceutical application this will form part of the Installation (IQ) and Operational Qualification (OQ). For all other industries a standard commissioning plan will be drafted and test certificates will be produced alongside a detailed Operational & Maintenance (O&M) manual.
The commissioning plan will cover a series of verification checks on key components, systems and plant – such as HVAC, electrical, network, lighting, EMS, BMS and other critical utilities. The cleanroom performance will be verified through ISO 14644 validation and associated testing.
- Airflow supply and velocities
- Chilled water flow rates, temperatures and valve set points
- Room temperature and humidity check
- Air on and air off coil temperatures
- Frost protection checks
- Heater loading tests
- Probe calibration, location and offset
- Fan speed, inverter and electrical checks
- System pressure testing
- Continuity testing
- Insulation resistance testing
- Resistance testing (measuring Zs)
- RCD checks
- LAN continuity testing
- Software validation
- Hardware verification and calibration
- Transmitter/probe calibration (UKAS)
- CF21R Part 11 compliance (if required)
- LUX level verification
- Emergency lighting testing
- Pipework pressure & drainage testing
COMPRESSED AIR & GASSES
- Air purity & oil-free test ISO8573-1:2010
- Pressure, micro-organism, moisture testing
- Airflow & velocity measurements
- Particulate, airflow, filter integrity testing
- Optional: temperature, KI-discus, velocity
- BS5839-1 operational testing
Guardtech Group Case Study Guardtech Group Validation Case Study
Discover the process undertaken by the Guardtech Service Department for a CleanCube Maxi Validation as part of an Operational Qualification (OQ).